I've been stuck at 55 for a week or so. I blew the weekend dropping Herbalism in favor on Enchanting, just for kicks, then running Deadmines and Stocks to get lowbie greens to disenchant. Somehow I never get tired of the Deadmines... it's a fun instance, and eminently satisfying to blast through one- and two-shotting everything. Anyway, this got me up to 150 pretty quick, but didn't exactly net me much XP.
I'd like to do the Sunken Temple, but I can never seem to get in a full group, so, last night being Monday and a bad night for sitting LFG, I decided to just grind. I picked Argent Dawn because I happened to be in Stormwind, and knew there were a couple of quests I could do.
All Along the Watchtowers was easy enough, minus one minor aggro radius miscalculation that left me flat on my ass. Those 56 Elites seem a wee bit harder than one would expect.
I also did Target: Dalton's Tears, giving me two sets of cauldron drops to gather.
Then, I settled in to grind. I just hung out in Sorrow Hill, killing level 50-51 ghouls and skeletons. I swear the ghouls were designed to piss off rogues, with their 2 minute poisons. I decided to take advantage of my sword build and stood on the path and chucked knives at critters to pull them. It was... grindy. Not very exciting, not dreadfully profitable - one green gun, and one green enchant recipe, about 35 minion scourgestones, and enough cauldron/cloth drops for four or five turnins. But, you know, some days I'm in the mood to grind, and it wasn't THAT bad - I dinged both 56 and Friendly.
Maybe now I can actually take even-level quests, with my improved Eviscerate. We'll see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment