Monday, September 24, 2007

Dungeons New and Old

My plans to grind Eye of the Storm fell by the wayside - it seems my PvP mood has petered out, as it usually does. Instead, I ran a couple of 5-mans:

- LBRS, which was a tedious and painful attempt to drag 4 terribly underleveled noobs through the content. We made it just about halfway through with three personnel changes and, by the end, it was me, a pally, and a shaman. Killed Voone and called it a day. Got one quest done, but still have quite a few to go. (Also, the Devout Belt dropped THREE TIMES - what's up with that?)

- Durnholde, which I'd never done, with a group of two hunters, a feral druid, and a well-geared 70 priest. It was fun, and went quite smoothly. No drops for me, but went from 0/3000 to around 4000/6000 with Keepers of Time, which blows my mind - so much rep! While it was an interesting instance, I don't have any particular desire to grind it, and plan to move right on to Dark Portal.

- Steamvaults, with two warriors, a feral druid, and a holy priest. A little light on the DPS overall, but three of the group members were in the same guild and they knew what they were about. We made it all the way through, and while I didn't get any drops, I got a fabulous helm as a quest reward. Also got within 1k rep of Revered with Cenarion Expedition, which is awesome - I'm looking forward to running some Heroics soon.

I'm about halfway to 70 at this point, and feeling pretty good. I think I'll get back to questing soon, and keep running 5-mans as they pop up. I definitely want to hit Shattered Halls as soon as I can - I'm not far from Revered with Honor Hold, plus there is an awesome set of blue shoulders as the quest reward for killing the end boss there. I still need to get through Auchenai Crypts, if only for my sense of dignity (I've tried it twice and never made it all the way through) and I've never even seen Mana Tombs. I think I should also drop by Kara and pick up the key quest line pretty soon...

No comments: