I have a very firm line item in my budget for books and bookshelves (although I'm running out of space for the latter) because I read fast enough that I reread novels all the time, and I'm happier just having them on hand. I very seldom buy nonfiction books, though, because I generally have no desire to reread them, unless they are how-to books of some sort. I don't usually read all that much nonfiction in book form anyway.
However, the election has spurred me to do a bit more digging about a few things, so I hauled out my faded old library card and picked up a three-volume biography of FDR, a book by Al Franken, a random and probably worthlessly partisan book about how Bush <3 McCain 4EVA, and the Air America Playbook (as well as two or three entries in a couple of series that I haven't been able to find used yet.) I'll probably comment on these as I read them, if any are worth commenting on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment