... to the Burning Crusade, that is. I dinged 59 yesterday and couldn't bear the thought of wasting even a smidge of XP as I hit 60, so I ran out and bought it. Let me just say, the people who were raving about the quality of the first few quest rewards weren't kidding. I about doubled my DPS and got some pretty impressive armor, all in the first 5 or so quests. I'm not done with the old content, yet, and will probably hop back and forth as the whim strikes me, but at least I have the option now.
In other news, had a FABULOUS run through Sunken Temple - even better than the last one. Which means I got The God Hakkar done just in time for the quest reward (a pretty nice blue dagger) to be superceded by green BC gear. Heh. Oh, well, shards are always nice.
Also dinged Neutral with Timbermaw, finally, and I am SO done with that grind. I'll have to be pretty damned bored to come back to it. At least Argent Dawn has several different things going on, and maybe someday people will want to run Stratholme and Scholomance again. I want to at least see that content...
Also ran Arathi Basin a bunch more times and finally got my belt (which will no doubt also be superceded by BC gear shortly). Mostly horrific, irritating, one-sided losses, and one lucky easy win, when we were for once on the up side of a huge numbers disparity. I like PvP - at least when I'm in the mood - but I really, REALLY get sick of constant losses.
Tried to run BRD, but it was a total comedy of errors - the usual half-hour search for a healer, in which our leader blind-invited any random pally or druid he saw, then he pulls a group of five with no prep, we wipe (well, except for me, but Vanish counts as a wipe), we wait for the druid to run back in, then he rezzes... the warrior. Instead of the Shaman, who could have rezzed the rest of them. I just gave up, at that point - I'll find a saner group at some point.
Right now I'm sitting about 4k xp from 60, and if I don't get a sudden urge to run WSG a bunch of times, I'll hit it the next time I sneeze. That would have marked my first max-level character in an MMO. *sigh*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment