Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I Haven't Mentioned the Game's Name For a Reason

Kill Ten Rats has the right idea. One of the more frustrating things about situations like this is that there's just not much any individual can do about it. I was tickled to see myself quoted in various places, and I'm glad I brought the issue to the attention of various folks, but that's not going to hit EA very hard. It's not like I was going to buy the game anyway (I don't have the right console, or a console at all, for that matter.) I also know too much about EA's internal structure to think that boycotting, say, The Sims is going to have any useful impact - the two products are so widely separated that no one's going to be able to correlate that kind of data. A media blackout, on the other hand - that, I like.

I will have to remember this particular product, though - I will be very curious to see what the sales are, and if this controversy sparks again around launch. I suspect it will - the internet has a very long memory.

No comments: