My dojo, Sun Dragon Martial Arts and Self Defense, is running its major yearly fundraiser. We're a nonprofit martial arts studio, which is something of a rare beast, and we raise money every year for our scholarship fund and the free self-defense classes we offer in the community. For my part, every day until the day of the Kickathon, I will write a random amusing anecdote about karate and self-defense - enjoy!
I've been sick the last couple of days, so today I just want to do a little status update. We're a third of the way to our overall fundraising goal, but we have only three weeks left. We've still got a ways to go. If you've been reading and enjoying these posts, I'd like you to please consider pitching in - I'm only asking for $5.
My own goal is fairly arbitrary - I'm perfectly happy if you choose to donate to someone other than me. And as a matter of fact, if my dojo-mates want to link these posts to their friends with their own donation pages attached, that's fine by me!
Thanks for reading, and hopefully by tomorrow I'll be coherent enough to write something interesting.
Self-defense training isn't just about learning how to punch people in the head. It's about learning how to recognize bad situations, avoid them if possible, and get out of them in the minimum number of pieces if not. Help us provide this training to more people - and particularly women - by donating $5 to our fundraiser!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment