Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My Life and Karate, Day Twenty-One

My dojo, Sun Dragon Martial Arts and Self Defense, is running its major yearly fundraiser. We're a nonprofit martial arts studio, which is something of a rare beast, and we raise money every year for our scholarship fund and the free self-defense classes we offer in the community. For my part, every day until the day of the Kickathon, I will write a random amusing anecdote about karate and self-defense - enjoy!

It's Tuesday, and it's also the Gathering Storm release day, so... have a status update!

- We're at 55% overall, which is awesome, but there are less than two weeks left! If you've considered donating, please go ahead and do so!

- Thanks to everyone for your kind words about the short story - it's much appreciated! I haven't written non-video-game-related short fiction in... well, I can't remember how long. But I'm glad people enjoyed it.

- I'm definitely at the flailing-for-topics stage, so the next ten blog posts will be much more general. I'll stick to the one-a-day limit, but aim more to amuse than to educate, since no doubt y'all have gotten the point by now.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you're having fun!

Sun Dragon is home to one of the most consistently awesome groups of people I've ever encountered. Please support the awesomeness by donating $5 to our fundraiser!

No comments: