Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Horrible Tuesday

Not that kind of horrible... THIS kind of horrible. I know it's not health- or fitness-related, but it's still awesome.

Last night at the dojo was exceedingly frustrating. The floor has been sealed - it hadn't been, last Thursday - and my sweaty feet just could not get a grip on it. It felt like practicing on black ice - very stressful. I expect that with a little wear the floor won't be so slick, and I think I'm going to bring a little towel to try to keep my feet dry, but I'm still nervous about slipping and injuring myself.

This morning was a Crossfit rest day, which I'm grateful for - my knees and ankles are a little sore in a way that makes me grumpy, rather than the usual soreness which I actually enjoy quite a bit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Em,

Keep up the good work. I'm really proud of you the way you pitched in at the dojo. And I'm glad you took some time off from the zone diet regimen. You need to take a break, refresh, and then go at it. Of course, this is coming from a guy who
doesn't exactly get into a regimen at all. Anyway, love your blog. Dad-o

Anonymous said...

Also, be careful on that new floor. I sound like Grandma Fannie, don't I? Love ya, Dad