Monday, June 30, 2008

End of June

June was a pretty successful month - I didn't miss a Crossfit workout, nor a karate workout, I was pretty good about what I ate, and I lost just about the right amount of weight - possibly even a little more than I'd expected. I'm planning either a one- or a two-triplet Crossfit break next week - I try to do that every 8-10 weeks to give my body a little extra time to recover. With the amount of physical work I did this weekend, plus the fact that I didn't have a full rest day last week at all, I think I could use it.

July will have some interesting challenges - I'm taking a week of vacation, so my normal routine will be disrupted, and the last weekend of the month I'll be out of town, and I fully expect to eat horribly and drink a fair bit of alcohol over those three days. But the real test of a plan like this, for me, is whether it can stand disruptions in the routine. I travel pretty regularly, and over the last few years, travel has been what's broken my rhythm - I feel pretty confident that I'll make it through this time, though.

All in all, I'm very happy with where I am at the moment. I'm looking forward to being able to say that at the end of July, too!

No comments: