I'm not really a vain person. My wardrobe consists of free t-shirts from work events and several ratty pairs of jeans. I wear one pair of Nike Frees everywhere from the trail to interviews. I haven't cut my hair in two years. And I'm not terribly obsessed with my waistline, except in that it makes it that much harder to do pullups.
However.
My ten year high school reunion is next year. I haven't seen 99% of those people since graduation (and I don't exactly miss most of them.) I have a vision of stalking into the gym, picking out whichever of the hot chicks actually came out since high school, crooking my finger, and stalking out again. That would be FUN.
It's not terribly likely to happen with my current catassing, couch-potato, whiskey-drinking self. I've worked out on and off (more off than on) and alternated between eating really well, moderately badly, and extraordinarily badly, for the past nine years. Add in an 8-month whiskey binge that added 50 pounds, and I need to do a bit of work.
So, here we are. Some goals, in handy list format:
- During my more diligent periods, daily updates in some public place have helped a lot, so I'll be updating this every weekday and probably most weekends.
- For the moment I'll be doing Crossfit (modified for my actual capabilities, of course) which is a three day on, one day off program.
- I'm going to stick to the Zone diet for at least three months and see how that goes (I had a Zone-appropriate breakfast and feel fabulous, so I'm down with it so far...)
- I'm going to track my weight daily with the Hacker's Diet tracker to keep an eye on trends.
- I'm going to stick with this until the date to the left, or until my high school reunion, whichever is later. This is the hard part.
I may add a few more goals, just as sort of a life-tracker thing, but for the moment I need to groove in a few of these habits, so that's where my attention will be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment